Thursday, February 10, 2011

All Woman Now

I was working on a script for my Film Directing class and I don't know why it hit me at that exact moment, but that's when it hit. It hit that by June this year, I will hold a Bachelor's degree in Communications and Multimedia. It hit that by that time, collecting an allowance from my dad would be lame. It hit that childhood is now behind and it's time to think of myself as an adult that can and should stand on her own two feet.

The other day, my sister asked me about my plans after graduation. I had no idea. I still have no idea actually and the realization that I still haven't made up my mind about something as simple as grad school or NYSC scared me to death. Where am I going? What are my plans for the future? Where do I see myself in the next ten years? It is no longer enough to just ask myself these questions; I have to set the ball in motion to answer them for myself. It's time to finally "woman-up" and take charge of my life and steer it in the direction I see it going.

Taking charge won't happen overnight. It'll be a gradual process and sometimes, I may slip up and act like a child (With my mum around not wanting me to grow up too fast, I really won't grow up too fast! LOL) but I must start now to recognize that adulthood is what comes next and the ways I had as a child should be deserted for new and matured approaches to life.

*I put God first. He is the author and finisher of our destinies and when you let Him, he will lead you in the right path.
*I've made my Twitter name something more sophisticated and grown up but it's not boring (at least not to me!).
*I've learned to control my temper. Walk away from a fight or a confrontation. There is always a way for two people to resolve an issue peacefully.
*I'm starting to talk to people that could play key roles in my future dreams and aspirations.

So you see, it's a start! Rome wasn't built in a day so I won't become the woman I want to be overnight. Still, the ball has been set rolling. From now, it's all WOMAN. x