Saturday, October 30, 2010

The Currency We All Battle With...POUNDS!

First off all, I messed with y'all on the topic. It just seemed catchy. LOL. This is actually all about WEIGHT. With that said, obviously this post is for the "big" girls; un-skinny (LOL), curvy, voluptuous, robust, fat...call it what you may. Others may still feel free to read though.

Obesity is obviously not cool. Aside from it being unhealthy, it's gross. That we all agree. But where we have failed to agree is determining who is fat and who is not. I've been called "fat" a number of times and I get seriously offended. Fine, I am no lekpa (for my non Nigerian readers, that's a really skinny girl) but when I look in the mirror, I don't see "fat"! I see a sexy curvy woman- boobs, ass and all! LOL. I won't lie and say I am a 100% satisfied with my body. I could lose some tummy weight, tone a few muscles...but that is about it. I don't need to become a size 2 before I consider myself sexy!



All that said, I'm not saying you shouldn't lose weight if you want to. I was bigger before and after dropping the pounds, I feel better, more confident and definitely sexier. The point of this blog is to tell the big girls out there that you don't need to skinny to be sexy. What you need is;
*Clothes that flatter your body.
*Confidence
*And a deaf ear to all those who call you FAT!

Now if all my chatting thus far hasn't convinced you, then maybe these pictures will!
                                                  

No comments: