Saturday, October 30, 2010

My Soulmate (Music and Me)


When my spirits are down, it lifts me up.
When I am in pain, it soothes me.
When I need to let off steam, it's the perfect outlet.
I remember my first heart break.
Music never left my side.
Even when I'm hungry, a good tune dispels the feeling! LOL


RnB... it makes me calm. My thoughts become co-ordinated.
Rap... some are so deep, I sit and wonder about the words I hear.
Dancehall... the freak in me awakens. I wind to the beat; it's all I hear.
Jazz... what a way to relieve the stress of a long day.
Soul... it stirs my soul. I feel it inside of me.
Pop... I move my feet. The beats take control.


The artist doesn't matter (though you gotta love some of them!)
The mad video is cool to watch, but that's not my interest.
Live performances, mostly for showmanship. That's not what it is about for me.
What moves me is the music.
An insane beat, deep lyrics, the faint guitar strumming in the background. A voice that moves me.


Music is my soulmate. Till I take my last breath, it's Music and Me.


No comments: