Sunday, October 31, 2010

Girlfriends

As a woman, friendship is important.
Women are emotional. They love to talk, when they are sad they want to watch a movie (a chick flick most probably) with a tub of ice cream and they find shoes orgasmic.
Hair, fashion, that new song that bashes the males, PMS, weight, future hopes and dreams...these topics need a girlfriend's ear.

A girlfriend is that chick that will hold you down no matter what. She can't stand your ex for how he treated you. She never fails to compliment you and when you mess up, she'll tell you too! She's never envious of you and what you have. Rather, she's happy for you. She will never trash-talk you, she won't flirt with your man, your birthday is marked in her brain and she knows what you stand for. What you are capable of, and what you're not. Finally, even when you shock her, she's still there for you. You can tell her ANYTHING because she won't judge you.

I have been through a lot friends, acquaintances and so on. Some lasted a semester, some a little longer. Some showed me they didn't have my back after all and some only took advantage of me. Some had good intentions but loud mouths. Others had way too much drama. Some fell for my boyfriend, and tried to justify it! Some smiled with me, and went behind my back and trashed me.

My real girlfriends have stood my by me always. We've had our fall outs but then again, I never said girlfriends never fight. They do but unlike other friends, when girlfriends make up, ALL IS FORGOTTEN. When real girlfriends fight, it brings them closer. This blog is a tribute to five special girlfriends. With them, I am complete.

Bella Obiago
Apart from being my baby sister, you're my friend. You understand me, support me, take care of me and shower me with unconditional love always. Your dreams of being a big star are not unrealistic. You are already a star to me and it's only a matter of time before the world sees you too. Don't stop believing, you are destined for greatness.

Cynthia Nwaru


You are probably the most interesting and exciting person I know. You light up a room with your infectious personality. It's hard not to smile when you are around. When it comes to girls, you are a Type A! Some, if not all, of my craziest memories have been with you. I am blessed to know and have a friend like you. You say it how it is and I love you for that. Your future is bright. I'd put my shades on if I were you ;)

Ekpa Eyoma

Since JS3, you've been my shrink, my sister, my friend and my confidant. Its remarkable that we have managed to stay so close all these years even with how far apart we are. Guess that's true friendship. We talk about everything under the sun, you are always offering a shoulder for me to lean on, boosting me and pushing me forward when I have lost hope in myself. I respect you for the values you uphold. I know you think you are no saint but to me, you are. Someone like you only deserves the best life has to offer and I know you will get it. Love you lots :*

Monica Dokpesi

Monica! Small but mighty. Prettiest girl you ever did see with enough ginger to make Terry G shut the hell up! LOL. People like you are so rare to come across. That's why I appreciate the Lord for you everyday. Soon you will find a brother that appreciates the gem that you are. Soon, all your dreams will come true. Crazy memories with you, moments you've shown me that you got my back no matter what...I'll always be grateful. Love you mama!

Rachel Obiago

My big sister but still my friend. Crazy, dynamic personality and uses the funniest phrases I have ever heard on planet earth! I don't always understand you but one thing I do know is that I love you. I love you enough to babysit for you and Paul when the time comes :P Just never send me more than 2 at a time! LOL. Thank you for always being there, thanks for the advice when I need it and the encouragement and support you show. You are one in a million!

3 comments:

CLN said...

Wow that had me tearing up....nice one!TCB <3

Monica :o) said...

I Cried....No one has ever done that for me..Im about to do mine..*Sigh* If i had known we wont have all the time in the world together i would have created more memories..and best believe im going to embarrass u in my own post..hint-Coke and indomie.

Rozay said...

Awww! That made me wanna be a *Girl-Friend* too ... :( ...
Nice One..Its a Stick uP! ...Indomie + Coke ...Hmmmm...Tara wah r u not telling me?!