Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Flaws and All

How many have seen the Tara and Bella video on Flaws? Did you like it? We've gotten some good feedback and before I start, I just wanna say a big thank you to all those who watched the video and got back to us. Much appreciated. If you haven't seen it, check it out here!!!

In this world where majority are dying to be perfect, I think it's important for those of us that have our heads right to let people know the following things.

1. No one is perfect. Even Beyonce who I think is absolutely gorgeous complains constantly about her ears. Everyone has something on their bodies that they would trade and what's funnier, everyone has something on their body that they hate meanwhile, someone else absolutely loves it!

2. There is only one you and you were made the way you were for a special purpose. So stop trying to change so much. If you ask me, what people should work on changing about themselves is what's inside and not what is on the outside. A beautiful soul has much more value than a beautiful body or face. If that sounds like blab to you, consider this; when you die (which we all will someday!), that body you are so obsessed with making perfect will be buried in the sand and rot. Yes, your body, God made it out of sand and it will go back to being sand eventually no matter how good looking it is.

3. Confidence makes you sexy. Have you ever been out with that friend you know you look much better than yet she gets all the attention? It's the way she carries herself! Men are attracted to women who are confident with themselves. When you feel sexy, you are automatically sexy (to someone).

4. One man's trash, next man's treasure. This isn't to discount the last point but we do admit that some men are just shallow and you can be confident all you want but if you are more than a size 4, they won't send you. Well that's them! Don't let anyone put you down. What they don't see, someone else will. In this life, everyone won't like you. Accept that.

5. Love yourself. It starts with YOU. If you can't accept that body, own that flab and crooked nose, then you'll be miserable for a long time. Ignore the "reality" shows you see of people getting plastic surgery and suddenly having this new look on life. It's BULL. It starts now. You have to love you whichever way you are.

So my lovelies, these are the things we must know! I was inspired to do this by a post I just read on one of my favorite blogs. Check it out here. She goes as far as actually putting up pictures of her body as it is. Kudos girl! For me, I'll just list out the flaws of my body; flaws I'm learning to love/ accept.

*My gap tooth. I've never liked it and I often consider using braces to close the gap.
*Lips. I feel like my lips could be a little less thicker.
*Ears. I have ears that stick out but these I now love cause my Daddy has the same ears so it's our thing :)
*#TeamSuckBelleMakeTheShirtFine!!! Even with my recent weight loss, I still haven't been able to get rid of all the stomach fat!
*Butt. It's soft and that is nice but I wish there was more there. LOL

So you see? We ALL have flaws. Own yours! Xxx



Showing off my gap-tooth :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely post!! encouraging too.. btw, your gap tooth is really cute... don't feel bad about it :)

Tara said...

Aww thank you :) I'll try not to!