Friday, September 2, 2011

Kim and I- Left Out

I'm watching Kourtney and Kim Take New York and it's the episode where Khloe comes into town for the opening of NYC Dash. Do not judge me! I'm on a long holiday in ABUJA and I have a limited social life. What else will I do??? Anyways, Khloe and Kourt are super close and Khloe's arrival has Kim feeling left out. For those who watch the show, you know Kim's the sorta quiet one that tends to blend in the background...when you ignore her behind and amazing looks!

Anyhoooo, I can totally relate to how poor Kimmy was feeling in this episode. That was my life in my final semester in college. You see, me and my AUN bff were super close and sort of fenced everyone out. We were in our own little world. In my final semester however, our little world had guests and one was particularly invasive. Not only was she our roommate, she and my bff became so close I started to feel left out.

Check this. In this episode, Khloe and Kourtney ditch Kim to go and check out the store even though she was right behind em. She only went to get her purse. By the time she comes out, they are gone and Kourt's excuse when Kim calls her is "I thought you were tired so we left without you". This happened to me too! We all go to a party and I'm outside waiting for em when we are all partied out but somehow, they leave me and head back to school thinking "I'd already left". Why would I leave and not tell them if we all came together?

There are so many other instances I felt proper left out and sad but just like Kim, I never confronted em about it and I didn't have a Scott (Kourt's boyfriend who eventually tells Kourt and Khloe how Kim is feeling) to speak for me. Instead I just let myself withdraw into a sad shell.

I'm not telling this story cause I'm still harbouring ill feelings over the whole thing oh! Gosh, that would be stupid. It was a while ago and I've never been good at holding on to stuff anyways. Just the episode reminded me, and my boredom prompted me to write about it.

P.S The Kardashians are much but my gosh, are they an amazing looking bunch!



1 comment:

CLN said...

I despise that you refer to me as your AUN bff...makes it seem like AUN was/is the beginning and end of it!