Thursday, November 25, 2010

Perception (Misunderstood)

Perception...a way of regarding, interpreting or understanding something. More often than not, perception (especially pertaining to humans) is wrong. It's better to work with fact.

Unfortunately, some people are just unlucky. When dealing with them, people always assume...they never ask. Why isn't really the point. After all, just the same way we have the rich, we have the poor. There's thin and there's fat and there's nice and there's mean. So we have those that no matter what, people will ask them "did that happen? Is this you? Could it be?" and then we have those that people only make their perceptions about and pass judgement.

I'm sure I don't need to tell you what group I belong to. If I belonged to the former, I wouldn't be writing this blog. But I am not writing this blog to change peoples' perceptions of me either. Honestly, I couldn't really be bothered what you think you know about me.

I'm writing this blog for those who are always perceived wrongly too. Your intentions are always misunderstood...heck, you are misunderstood in general! I just have one piece of advice that has helped me deal with being so misunderstood. YOUR FAMILY, FRIENDS or those that MATTER to YOU should ALWAYS know the REAL story. They are the ones whose opinions count! Not everyone else and their wagging tongues. You should know even if you went around trying to make everyone like and understand you, some just won't. That's life.

I actually enjoy being misunderstood. Gives life a certain twist ;)

No comments: