Monday, November 8, 2010

Sleepless nights

It's 2:44am, Monday morning. Not exactly an ideal time to be awake especially as Monday is one of my hectic days. Between Yola's heat, three classes and just general Tara survival, I need my strength and I need my sleep.

Maybe my not being able to sleep is connected to having gotten WAY TOO MUCH rest this Sunday that just passed, but can one blame me? While it may appear to be so, my life is anything but easy. I get stressed too! And I sometimes could use a day of nothing but chilling. And even that, is tough to achieve because in addition to all the sleep, watching Dirty Sexy Money, and lying in bed I did today, I still did school work. Threw together a questionnaire for an impending project, wrote two stories, read a whole chapter of my WRI 320 textbook and finished a book for ENG 221. See, amidst all the "chilling", I still managed to get work most students would use two weekends to do, in one day!

So now, I have no further work to do (of course there is always work to do. What I mean is no PRESSING work, or at least work I would enjoy doing now), I'm stuck awake and listening to Celine Dion, music which I thought would soothe me to sleep but has only succeeded in keeping me awake thinking of my boyfriend (something I would rather not do!), and all I could come up with was to blog about the moment.

I could take a walk but that would just remind me of a moment in time I would like to forget. I don't even want to go down that road tonight. Totally unnecessary. Since I seem to enjoy writing so much and I have nothing useful to say here, I should probably get to work on my second story for WRI 320.

Sleepless nights are the worst. I think too much on nights like this and that is NEVER a good thing. Hope you guys are asleep... dreaming of nice things. X

No comments: