Sunday, May 15, 2011

Star Player

Katt Williams may be a comedian but he gave a pretty amazing concert in DC where he kept telling em something about haters. He said "when you are a real nigga, they gonna hate".

Keep it real and there will always be those that hate you for that. With everything they got. You just have to focus on the star player in this game called life and the star player is that person you see in the mirror everyday.

Since 2011 started, I've been all about my star player. This isn't being selfish and neither is it being unconcerned. I still care about others around me, try to make em happy when I can, sacrifice things to please others...but unlike other years past, I can't and don't kill myself over people's desires. Moment I'm not happy, I make changes cause I'm focusing on me.

I have this person that sends me hate mail (I call it that cause she never has anything positive to say. She insults me and I guess the purpose of her mails are to put me down) and yesterday, she sent what I hope is her last one. I didn't read it cause there is no point reading that piece of crap. She doesn't know me, and she probably wishes she did. I say she doesn't know me cause while she may always seem to have info on the happenings of my life, she has no idea about my perspective on these happenings. She must think and hope that I am depressed, sitting in a corner with regrets. Sorry to disappoint her and all the other haters out there, that is not me.

Things haven't worked out the way I thought they would but still, I am strong, happy and ready for the next phase of life with an amazing family and though a few, some very amazing friends all rooting for me, loving me and giving me support.

And so today is the day I have waited for for a very LONG time. Graduation :D My family has come from Abuja and those who couldn't make it have been calling in with prayers and well wishes. That's another thing about being real; there will be haters, but there will be those who see YOU and will love you just the way you are.

To my readers, keep being real, not just to yourself but to everyone. Let those that have a problem with it  go and hug a transformer or something. In this life, you really owe yourself happiness and you have the power to make yourself happy. Not a boyfriend, your best friend...it's YOU.

Start putting your star player first. Xxx

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Awww! Cobgrats hun :)
Mine isn't till November :(

Tara said...

Hang in there! Thanks darling.