Monday, April 18, 2011

Nigeria Is Falling Down

Y'all know the song "London bridge is falling down"? Well Nigeria is on that tip!

I can't believe what is going on in this country. It is too sad and all for what? Power. A Facebook status I just saw says "when will the power of love instead of the love of power rule in this country?" I would sure like to know!

So apparently, the elections were free and fair (even if they allowed CHILDREN to vote. Anything is possible in Nigeria) and it appears Goodluck Jonathan is our winner. Ummm...DUH! Anyone who didn't already know that would happen is either unrealistically hopeful or just plain dumb. PDP will keep winning. Get with it!

What is sad is that people now have to die over this. All these people who start these fights over politics, not to sound like a terrorist, but did it ever occur to them to target the dirty politicians themselves instead of making poor civilians pay for it?

Kano and Kaduna on fire. Madness in Abuja. Even peaceful Yola. We never fight in Yola! But not this time around. For the first time in four years I have been here, fighting has broken out and a 6pm curfew has been passed on. I just want to say I am grateful Atiku owns this school and not Jonathan. Omo, we for dey for hot soup now. Or rather, others will be in hot soup and I will be in Abuja in my father's house. I would be smart enough not to have come back after Spring Break if GEJ owned this school!

Lord, please Nigeria is in your hands. Protect us all. Amen.

P.S RIP to the souls that have been lost over this madness.

No comments: