Sunday, April 17, 2011

Return to Twitter...Yes or No?

Lately, I have been contemplating a return to the land of Twitter. I don't know why; guess I am way too bored or blogging so constantly has gotten annoying and I really do need that outlet. But when I remember my past Twitter horrors, I am tempted to go back to old-fashioned diary writing.

Like I said in my post "Privacy", the amebo on Twitter is a little overwhelming! Then again I set myself up for that by not having a Private account from the start and having those kind of tweets that make crazy people want to follow you cause they think you are just as mad as they are.

I have decided to ignore the Twitter bug inside of me. But if I do decide to return, here are the mistakes I won't be making the second time around.

1. The "getting so many followers" frenzy
    I had almost 560 followers when I ran away. And I realize that the more followers I got, the more annoying Twitter got. Next time around, it will not be a popularity contest. I see people with 30 followers. That is more normal! Why would you want so many creeps and crazies seeing your tweets and having access to you and your life? Something very wrong with that if you ask me!

2. Public account vs Private account
    With my last Twitter account, I went Private TOO late. Do you know the implications of having a public account? Let me just repeat myself; Too many crazies having access to you!

3. The "why did you unfollow me" convo
    Never follow someone you know you will eventually unfollow. And you can tell! Before you follow someone, read through their TL. You can tell from the last 10-20 tweets if the person is someone on your wavelength. Don't follow someone to be nice. Follow cause you get that person and their tweets won't ever make you want to slap them hard across the face. I made that mistake A LOT. I'm too nice for my own good (don't worry, working on it!).

4. Subs
    I hate subs! OMG, subs make me want to report the person subbing to Twitter authorities and have their account closed. Do not be a chicken! It's online for the love of God. Most that will happen is a trade of insults and you can block each other after it or make up and apologize. But subbing is just low.
    Now I wasn't a sub-er (LOL. You go fear Twitter terms) but I did let sub-ers get away scot free. I know when a sub is at me. I just know. And before, I would shake my head and free it. None of that in round 2! Sub me and I will be on your case.

5. Stupid hashtags/ trends
    Never be responsible for a stupid hashtag and never participate in one. It will come back to you. LOL

Okay that's all of it. Hmmm, it turned out to be an educational blog after all. "What to do and what not to do on Twitter". LOL.

I miss Twitter sha. I actually do! Shocking stuff -_-

No comments: