Saturday, June 4, 2011

Oh Dear!

I woke up at past 9 this morning (applaud. I'm an early riser) and I lay in bed till 11am wondering what to do with myself. My boredom and the lack of useful internet led me to open Photo Booth on my MacBook but I couldn't even take a decent photo. The red hair had gotten old. So I got off my ass, and headed to town to change my hair.

Bank first for money, market for the weave and then the hair salon. I should have probably taken my hair out myself and washed it in school because these salons in Nigeria make it seem like having natural hair is a crime. The lady who took my weave out, washed and dried my hair and then braided it... I have no words for her. She needs to beg God for forgiveness tonight.

As if that were not enough, my stylist takes one look at the weave I bought and informs me that it's a fake. There go the cute curls I had in mind! I was gonna have him curl the hair with a curling iron after fixing it. I should probably blame myself. I normally check the weave texture and all to know if it's the right one before I leave the shop but today, I was in such a rush for no apparent reason.

Summary, I have a new hairstyle now which I detest and a banging headache to boot. Luckily, I have pain killers and a pretty face so I won't let today's experience bring me down. Since getting back, I have gone through my lipstick collection to identify the colors that would make the hairstyle a bit tolerable and I am thinking chunky earrings will help make it look okay too.

I've never been a hat/ beanie/ things to put on your head person but now I'm wishing I was! As far as hair accessories go, all I have is this cute leopard print bow a friend made for me a few months ago. But leopard print... that's not something you can wear all the time. Or is it? I will need comments; feedback on whether or not I can utilize this bow!




P.S Y'all won't believe how many pictures I had to take before getting these two! Smh. I feel ugly and I miss that red hair! :(

2 comments:

Unknown said...

aww you look pretty dont even seem like you had just woken up x

http://lolitasfashionideas.blogspot.com/

Tara said...

Awww thanks. This was after the salon. But I still hadn't showered. LOL :)